Sina Weibo

Friday, March 2, 2007

[Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora]Novel, Prelude: Chapter II--Kaon's Helix (Part 4-5)

Lethe's Note:

Part 4 is the one in which Faith chan skipped a bit of details, so I went back to the original novel to check them. When I was doing that, I also decided to change some parts into past tense, as it feels more natural that way. I apologize for the inconsistency, and probably will change some of part 3 into past tense as well--later when I go over the entire translation once more. The novel itself changes frequently in between past and present tenses, and I found that the hardest thing in my translation _____OTL. Also I skipped a few sentences I am not totally sure of, but those are mostly unimportant.

Mika sama certainly grows and develops Kaon chan with commitment. Ten years of care is less than a split second of destined meeting...sigh. After all, no matter how many years, how many times it may take, Chikane/Himeko or Kaon/Himiko belongs only to each other.

BTW, opal is the birth stone for Chikane and Himeko (October, or kannazuki).


Please don't distribute without my permission.



PART FOUR

That evening.
The place is the skyscraper built in the best region of Academia.
In the Sky restaurant on the top floor.
By the luxurious marble table decorated with various flowers, Mika sama and I sat face to face.
I was wearing the custom-made black long dress, a diamond ring on my finger, and a butterfly-shaped opal pendant in front of my chest.

I was ordered to accompany Mika sama for dinner.
In front of me were the first-class French gourmet made by five-star chefs.
And the best wine secretly stored for years.

In fact, as an Absolute Angel, I don't need any food for survival, but Mika sama says that I should try it.
This is for me to enjoy.
All the first class supplies and decorations in this Sky restaurant must have cost millions of money.
Is it worth it?--Or, is it all for ME?
So I thought, as I sent the food into my mouth by procedure.
Though I have no appetite, I do have the sense of taste.

After Seven-Day-Ashes, roasted duck breasts from country side have been a real rarity.
The juicy and rich taste spread in my mouth.
The special peach sauce matched perfectly and gave a wonderful taste.
What was wrong was just that I don't feel happy about it.
Even if I was eating food properly, something was wrong.

And so, Mika sama was staring at such me.
None of my action could escape her eyes.

"...Murakumo"
"Yes"
"Have a good look at this scenery."
I stopped my hand and looked down.
What lies below is a colorful ocean of stars, the symbolic artificial galaxy of Academia.This is also a privilege of Sky restaurant.
"What do you think of it? Murakumo"
"...Yes..."
One by one, the programmed data containing proper responses flowed into my mind.
"Yes, it is very wonderful. However, it is nothing compared to the beauty of Mika sama."

However, this is not the answer Mika sama is looking for. Mika sama is looking for something more. More human, more specific answer that only belongs to myself.
To observe what Mika sama likes is also part of my mission.

However, this is something I don't understand.
I can't decide what to say.
"Maybe it is a little too difficult for you at the moment."
Mika sama smiles at me.
" little by little you may have something you want--what human want. For this purpose I treat you to these food and wine and everything else..."
"I am very sorry."
"Hehe......it's OK......Even so, I've been able to see you more like a human recently."

Though I thought I haven't done anything different. Just that may not be enough.
I raised my wine glass elegantly.
"Thank you for your compliment."
"Murakumo...who are you?"
"I am Mika sama's Absolute Angel Murakumo, Kaon of the moon's helix, and the one and only sword in this world that belongs to Mika sama."
This is an answer that can't be wrong.

"Are you sure?"
"I swear."
"Then, to be my sword means that you have to be flawless and perfect forever, do you understand?"
"As you wish."

I returned my eyes to the sight of stars after the conversation.
The blinking stars above the ground.
But to me, they are not different than what I see from a fixed picture.
Not only that, but also this entire world. From my plain view, everything is colorless.
The world, the surroundings, the people also--
I exist for her only master--however, even my master's mistresses would have strong affections towards her, and I have nothing--

Everything is information, just programmed data.
This and that. To describe this feeling--I don't feel it real in my heart.
Is it because I am not a human being, but an absolute angel?
At least, the current pain in my chest could make me think a little like human.
Think about family, friends, and--lover.
Will I have him/her too? The one I could call the most significant other?If I were to have her--
And when would I know that?







PART FIVE




The traces of Seven-Day-Ashes are still pronounced on the developing zone at Academia's border.
Here I stand among the deserted buildings.
It is the third day after my reforging--The test is the output of mana, or rather, experiment on my attacking power.

Below me is the 20 meter high tank made of special alloy to be wasted.
It could be used to completely measure my abilities.
The alloy will be cut in half by my left hand.
So could everything in this world.

As the power of helix spirals, the light of mana forms a solid material in my left hand.
Something like a machine or mechanical armor.
No matter what, it is nothing matching my girl-appearance.

The huge and neat hand, where disasters will be born from.

"Target locked on"
Mechanical sounds has initiated on this command.
The targets are everything chained to the ground.
This is--

Something in my chest is beating wildly with a high pitch.
Then a shock comes through my entire body.
An unbeatable, overwhelming wave of blur.
What-- is this?
This is--

A girl?
A cat?
No, not exactly.
Can this be--is this--me----?

"Murakumo's battling test. Target: Absolute Angel Badras"
"Relative distance, 200 meters, affirmative"
"Angel's equipment installed"
"Target is moving towards the redeveloping zone"

My thoughts, my mind, are all messed up.

"Target arriving"
"Angel's head restrainer released"

I have been painted black by darkness.
The chaos of blur is running all over my body.

"Murakumo: Capture Badras--"

All my mind is now under the control of blur. Accumulated mana at my left wrist has caused a whirlwind, and the whirlwind has swallowed me.
Self-control, failed.

And then, my consciousness--
Blur has devoured my way back.


***

And so, I drift in a turmoil of pitch-black abyss.
A world of nothing, devoid of all sounds, lights, colors and senses.

No--Not anymore.
I can see, I can hear, I can feel.
A voice calling me.
A hand reaching me. A body embracing me. Fingertips touching my hair, so very tenderly.
Clear pupils reflecting my images.
And so natural blue light--it is indeed--her.
The only one that will fulfill the inside of me.

Ah ah.
There is no mistake. This is it.
I've always been waiting for you.
So powerful, so gentle, and so real--you.
My only you.

Always. Always. Always.
Hug you tight. Hug me tight.
Feel me. Feel you.
And then, my and her lips-- merged together.



(PART 5 FIN)





ps:

After PART 5, there will be FIVE parts of sweet love-love scenes in between Kaon chan and Hi-chan!!! (dance happily ^_^) Be sure to come back for more XDDD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>^o^ (curiously) What do I have on my plate?

Jell o's and melons? ^-^ *looks sheepish* Yeah, I know..that was kinda silly. What I meant though, was that despite your busy schedule, you are taking the time out to translate all these Himiko/Kaon goodness. ^_^

It's nice to come back here again(I've been very busy these past few). It's an interesting insight into the relationship between Kaon/Himiko/Mika. Perhaps, it's just me but Mika seems to come across as a more pleasant person in the novel?

Wow,loved the Kaon/Himiko tender scene. Apparently, it was Kaon who fell in love with her first. I often thought it was the other way round.

Thanks again for all kind efforts Lethe! Looking forward to more Himiko/Kaon love! ^_^

忘川 said...

>Jell o's and melons? ^-^ *looks sheepish* Yeah, I know..that was kinda silly. What I meant though, was that despite your busy schedule, you are taking the time out to translate all these Himiko/Kaon goodness. ^_^

My bad, Jen :). I understood what you meant, it is just that you were so understanding in a cute way, that I couldn't help but to say that. Also it sounds that you know a little bit of who I am XD

>Perhaps, it's just me but Mika seems to come across as a more pleasant person in the novel?

I actually kinda like her to some extent. She has been very nice to Kaon before Himiko showed up, she is a smart and magnificent (so, S&M ^ ^) queen and she makes the drama develop. Especially after the anime episode 9... She has my deep sympathy. You'll get to know her better after Mika's Chapter.

>Apparently, it was Kaon who fell in love with her first. I often thought it was the other way round.

Yes, it is a little hard to tell when exactly Himiko fell for Kaon in the novel, since what follows are all from Kaon's angle. Well, my opinion is that it also happened quite fast after their first encounter. You'll see some hint in Part 6.