Sina Weibo

Monday, March 19, 2007

[Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora]Novel, Prelude: Chapter II--Kaon's Helix (Part 12)

Lethe's Note:

There's no Part 11 in the original novel. I believe that is an editing mistake.

Special thanks to Niko chan for proofreading.


Please don't distribute without my permission.


PART TWELVE

Central Student Union. Absolute Angel Bureau.
What was waiting for me was not only my Accomplice* Mika sama, but also the coming fierce storm of "reforging". (Previously translated as "master", now changed to be the same as the definition on their official website, Accomplice. I don't like this word, though = = )
At my request of saving Suukei's life, Mika sama didn't raise her hand, nor her voice.

"Where have you been till now, why haven't you contacted me?"
"...I am very sorry."

My consciousness had been in commotion due to the lack of mana, and my body was also immobile―so I told Mika sama.
Being as agitated as I was at that time, I only made up more lies.
Even in front of my Accomplice.

"What is that girl, Murakumo"
Silence. I cannot tell the truth.
"The one who rescued me."
"......rescued you?"
"Today I can stand here , I owe it all to her mana."

Except for this, I couldn't think of any other excuse. For that I felt anxious.
Even if it is one second faster, please hurry up.
Help her.

"That's why you ask for my help?"
"Yes."
"I, your Accomplice, to fulfill your wish?"
"I am aware how rude this is, I would like to accept any punishment... please..."
"......"
"Mika sama?"

Mika sama didn't answer.
Those eyes were burning with inferno flames from the dark abyss, --I could almost hear the sound of silent fire from her intense anger.



Later, I entered a room with special alloy walls to be reforged.
I was bounded with Angel's Restrainer, with layers and layers of iron chains tied to my body.
Made from a combination of magic and science, the alloy hammers kept smashing up onto my body as if I were never to be forgiven.
My mana was splashing everywhere like blood at open wounds.
What was deemed as the impure things in me, the unnecessary information and feelings-- started to flutter, illusionize, and vanish.

Amid the back and forth, non-stopping impact and acute pain, I only thought of Suukei.
It doesn't matter what punishment I would have to stand.
Take all my mana if you will.
As long as it is for helping Suukei.

Please don't die.
Please------------.
Please---------.
Please.
My consciousness gradually melted in such chaos.
And then.


When I woke up, I found myself somewhere else other than in the usual reforging room.
This room had a shrine-type style instead.
It was in the East Moon Demon-Sealing Campus that Mika sama rules.
In front of a surprised me, a young mistress appeared to dress me up.
During that, I learned what had happened when I was asleep.

It had been twenty days since the day of reforging. During these days, Morality Squad set up a sudden attack and suppressed Absolute Angel Bureau.
Badras was missing.
Claimh Solais, still in her sleep, was confiscated by Central Student Union.

Mika sama took some staff and me in my adjustment together, retreated to the base-- East Moon Demon-Sealing Campus, just barely escaped.
Were I able to fight at that time, things must have been different.
However, none of those is my concern right now.

How happened to Suukei?

That was all I could think of.
"How is that girl now?"
"I am afraid that I do not know."
Worry filled my heart.

Suukei----

Led by the mistress, I went to the Convener Room.
I knelt down in front of Mika sama as soon as I entered. Mika sama----
"You've brought me some interesting sample......Murakumo..."
"?"
"That sample can stabilize your mana more than anyone else. Very good research material indeed."

Research----
Then, Suukei's still alive?
Big relief spread in my heart.
Great.

Mika sama's words pierced through my heart like needles.
"For this feat, I forgive everything in the past."
"......Mika sama"
"She is in the Treatment Room in the Fourth Tower. Go ahead and meet her."
As she said so, Mika sama--with an ice-slicing frigidity--smiled.





(Part 12 fin)





ps:

This part will be reiterated in the interlude, Mika's chapter from Mika's angle later. I love the author's dual angle interpretation of this key event in Kaon-Mika relationship.


No comments: