Sina Weibo

Monday, March 5, 2007

[Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora]Novel, Prelude: Chapter II--Kaon's Helix (Part 6)

Lethe's Note:

I'd like to mention a few things I found out about the difference of color codes in the novel and the anime. As described earlier, in the novel, Kaon's hair and eyes are black, not blue; Himiko's ribbon is red just like Himeko's; and Himiko's hair color is called "kuri iro" which, in novels /fanfics usually is used for brown/blond, but in drawings/ html code it is actually maroon (color code 762f07). (Btw, Himiko's eye color's html code is 8E453F.) As I am much more comfortable with Himiko's hair being light brown/blond, I am taking the tradition of novels in this case. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting It's not that important though ^ ^a especially compared to what Kaon chan's doing in this part 6......

Please don't distribute without my permission.


PART SIX




When the moonlight sheds in, I am awake.
This is a furnace-equipped room.
There are a small palette and Turpentine oil.
A pure white canvas.
Flowers, fruits and french bread.
A small bed with a white sheet.
There is also a pillow, and--
An angel sleeps on it.

Light brown hair.
With a big red ribbon.
Long eyelashes.
I can feel her warmth through the thin blanket.
I can hear her smooth breathing sounds in my ears.
That girl--my angel--.

My heart is beating fast yet peaceful.
My cheek is burning hot.
However, this has nothing to do with the blur.
Probably because, I have touched the world.
I have encountered the missing piece that mends my black wounds, the very existence that can lead me through the abyss,

Now I am truly alive, no matter where I might be in this world.

So this is what it is like----.
A heart that desires more than anything, anyone.
A person far more important than myself.
Even a promise to protect you for ever and ever will not be enough.
This is the information that I've never heard from anybody.
This is my affection.
This is my love.

There is no explanation for it--and that is not important anyway.
Love at first sight.
At the moment we met, regardless of age, sex, situation, surpassing all right or wrong, good or evil, the destined love has begun.
This must be--

And then, something sudden and warm in my palm brought me back to my senses.
Touching my face, I am astonished.
Are these, tears?

Am I crying?
I, who is not supposed to be a human?

I anxiously wipe away my tears.
I can't believe it. All this is happening just because I could meet her.
No......I can't let it shown......
If she sees my crying face, I will be way too embarassed.

As I am trying my best to hold back my tears, I place my eyes on her.
Hurry up, hurry up and open your eyes.
Let me hear your voices.
Let me see your smiles.
What do you like?
Hurry up and teach me.
If not--...I...

I am filled with such thoughts.
A whirlwind is hurling inside me.
This emotion hits me like a flower storm of aroma and sweetness, so strongly that my mind fails to restrain it.

I want to kiss her.

However, she and I are both girls.
No, except that, I am not even a human being.
I am an Absolute Angel who draws away people's lives.

If I would hurt her. If that would ever happen......

My conscience is suppressing the howls of my heart.
My feelings to desire and seek.
My feelings to withdraw and refuse.
All of them have blended inside me. Whirlwind and whirlwind.
Even so, my body has acted on its own, as if manipulated by a puppeteer.

Slowly, I move closer to her cheek.
I hold my breath down like a thief. (*I am sorry, but I laughed at this sentence)
I lift her up in my arms, gently as if holding flowers.
My fast beating heart is fighting against the guilty idea.

I hereby pray with all my heart.
If there would be God for even someone like me.
If this would be allowed.
Please......
I would give my body, my arms--everything I have for it.
Please let me realize my wish.

And thenーーーー
I kissed her lips wholeheartedly.



She has fulfilled me.
My heart, once a desert devoid of life, now is being irrigated with happy spring water, flourishing and overflowing.
Full of happiness. Like a green, fertile plain.
Bliss. Sweetness. Indulgence. .......Even if I connect all the nouns I know, I cannot express this joyfulness.
This moment is eternality.

And so, she opens her eyes.
Looking at me, with her maroon eyes.

No dislike, nor refusal.
Her hand reaches around my back.

It is so fortunate.
She is the one that God permits.
My destined love.

Because we have encountered as we were supposed to, because this was the first, real, hearty kiss.
That must be why I didn't lose to the fate of Absolute Angels. (*Note this paragraph implies an important reasoning for... Part 10--I know it's still a bit far)

Blur has disappeared.
I can finally be myself.
Happy and worry-free, I start to feel tired.
And so I fall into the land of sound sleep.



(Part 6 fin)





=====================================================


After-thoughts:

Dangerous! Hi-chan! It's dangerous to pick up a stranger like a stray cat! You never know if she is someone who would steal your kiss while you are asleep _________OTL

I especially like the setting of ..."a small bed". If you know what I mean :p
Kaishaku actually mentioned in their journal that Himko is quite a shy and inward person without too many friends at all. To let a stranger sleep with her in the same bed on the first day they meet... she must have felt Kaon chan to be very special, too. I am sure you can see the resemblance of this first kiss compared to that in Kannazuki no Miko. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Part 7 is quite long (and juicy). I'll probably release the first half of it in a few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you very much.
Could you hurry and upload the remaining part. I am so exited to know what is next :)

忘川 said...

Thanks for coming :)

>Could you hurry and upload the remaining part.

I sure hope it's as simple as "upload" ^ ^a

>FAITH said...

Hey! Don't just say "TEST" Fatih chan _____Orz
I want presents XD

nitro said...

大半夜來爬文...-_-
對病人來說這篇簡直就是最好的painkiller.
小忘的英文版譯得很唯美啊~ 還專業到附上web colour code...OTL

ps. 忘了說一直都覺得Academia這地名...很XD

忘川 said...

小N好好休息,这周/下周的节目还多着呢:)
所以说我的感冒花了两周时间就穿越了大西洋了吗www

现在看来当时对于这部小说时态上的选择相当矛盾和失败。。。好处就是慢工出细活自学了一点点日语orz

Academia我觉得还好,Accomplice。。。囧x100