Sina Weibo

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

[Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora]Novel, Prelude: Chapter II--Kaon's Helix (Part 3)

Lethe's note:

It seems so far away to have Himiko appear in the text T_T
I miss you, Hi-chan!!

Just wait until PART 5...

Please don't post this anywhere without my persmission.


PART THREE

"Rite of Mana Feed, start"

A miko is announcing it loudly.
I hold the girl in my arms.
Like a child in the darkness, her heated body trembles in fear.
After all, it is scary, isn't it?
It may be quite likely. She ought to have desired an escape.
Somehow she must have a reason not to do so.

Deep dread as well as sense of responsibility for Mika sama overwhelms her heart.
Even so, the brown-haired girl turns her face up.
What happens next will be the most honorable moment as a mistress of Mika sama.
If she is the one that can stabilize my mana, she will undoubtedly become a superior being in all of Mika sama's mistresses.

Should I say something to this brown-haired girl?
For example--
"Take it easy. Don't be afraid."
"Don't be so stiff. Just leave it all to me."

Or maybe, if I adjust my breathing rhythm, will she be made happier?
So that the task will go smoothly.
Impossible.
Paying too much attention to details won't make the following processes more comfortable.
What's more, I don't have experience talking to anyone else except for Mika sama.
I haven't felt lonely, inconvenient, or the need for anything that I have to talk to anyone about.
One more proof of inhumanness.

All at once, my concentration scatters.
The blur in me spreads rapidly.
No, this is not good, particularly at this key moment--

I MUST focus.
To make the rite succeed now, I have to suppress the blur in me. This should be enough for now.
The bell is ringing.
The lips of mine and those of the brown-haired girl are getting closer and closer.
Our breaths fuse, and our skin touch.

I can do this. Be gentle.
Quietly.
So it flows into my body.
The energy of human, of life, of Absolute Angel--mana.

A light wraps both she and I, brilliant and shining like dancing foam around us.
However, it disappears right at the next second, and an exploding shock overwhelms me.
I anxiously push the girl away from me.
She drops like a sandbag onto the floor before she could even scream out, as if a puppet has lost all its strings.

"Disorders on Experiment 18! EEG (*Electroencephalography) and heart rate abnormalities! Call the emergency medical team!"

Ah ah, not again.
It is still not going smoothly.
Extracting mana is equal to extracting life, only when the brown-haired girl shares my body and soul can she live through it.
She will not die.
However, it is certain that, from now on, she will be excluded from Mika sama's mistresses.
It is all my fault.
I should feel sorry for her.
I should. But, I can't.

Once more, the blur in me grows slightly bigger.

A miko is suggesting something to Mika sama.
It is necessary to reassure my mana state.
Reforging.
My conscience will be lost, and my memories rewritten.
And then, I will wake up again.
I will wake up for the next experiment, to become a perfected angel.
I will wake up for Mika sama.

Beautiful yet cold, my master.
The absolute owner who rules this inhuman me.
An existence never to be disobeyed.
I will wake up for-- Ayanokoji Mika sama.

1 comment:

忘川 said...

Correction:

She screams out in pain, and drops like a sandbag onto bed, as if a puppet has lost all its strings.

bed--->should be "the floor". Corrected after checking the original novel.