Sina Weibo

Monday, June 6, 2011

Time flies

It has been almost a year since Himegami no Miko, the web novel was updated for the last time. As time goes by ruthlessly, the chance of it ever being completed gets slimmer and slimmer. In Chinese internet slang, a novel left undone is called a pothole, and the fact is, the longer a pothole remains, the more likely it is never going to be filled. That is the reason that I am rather pessimistic about the conclusion of Himegami officially; I would rather believe that Sumio Uetake san is saving the ending that he has conceived since the beginning of the story for the animation, than the possibility of having trouble find a perfect ending for the climax, then leaving it there (killing us who bit the bait). 

For the same reason I doubt if the translator of Himegami no Miko, kongetsume san is ever going to finish translating it into English. Don't get me wrong here, I want it to be done very much, with my fingers crossed. However, the truth is, everyone has a limited life, and can do only limited things in their limited time. If something is not important enough for one to finish at the most feverish time, it's even less likely that it would be done at a later point. Procrastination, past a certain threshold, means that it will never get done.  

But again, is it really worth to know what happens in the story, given that the story is a pothole? It will only make people like me, who has read what's available, angst about not having the rest. Maybe, just maybe, someone can write a pseudo ending to relieve my pain. I'd be so grateful for it. Sigh...

1 comment:

lilly_938 said...

I agree with you. I've read her translations, and although it isn't likely to be finished, it would at least satisfy me enough to have "read" what is out.